Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chicago

As many of you read prior to this during my introduction, I am moving to Chicago in either August or October. In this past week and this coming week, that's exactly where I've been. Hello to you from Illinois! First off, I must say it is a death trap trying to get down here. One time during the experience there were more than 16 lanes going all different directions! It was crazy and I hated it. Good thing I'll be taking the L and the Metra, right?

Anywho - back to the Lean Cuisine. I don't think I can tell you how absolutely horrible it is to have to eat these stupid meals when I'm practically in Little Italy, so close to chowing down and some excellent deep dish pizza. My grandmother, who accompanied me on the trip, gets to bring all this yummy food back to the hotel room, as I sit and watch the cheesy goodness rip off of that soft mouth watering dough.

What am I eating while she's eating this amazing concoction of goodness? I'm eating this weird apple chicken meal (that's surprisingly good!) and it's not even close taste wise to how good that pizza looks. My grandma then said something that I was appalled by, "It's just a class, why not eat one meal, I mean you are in Chicago."

I was very appalled by this because my grandma is completely biased on the whole getting A's thing. So when she suggested that I eat whatever I want, I was appalled because: 1.) my grandma would never encourage cheating and, 2.) I was offended that she would think I would just do that like it was no big deal. I mean, c'mon, do you know how many times I had to sit and watch my roommate eat my favorite meal from Burger King and I couldn't even have one fry?!

That's when I realized that this has become more than just an assignment to me. It became a way of life, and I honestly don't understand how Morgan Spurlock succesfully went back to his old ways. I'm kind of nervous as to how my body will react once I get off this whole Lean Cusine fiasco.

Well, until next time, this is Alicia McMahon with Lean Cuisine Quest, back to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment